Becoming a Member
To open an account, you will need two (2) pieces of identification [one (1) with a photograph]. We accept: Driver’s Licence, Passport, Certificate of Canadian Citizenship, Canadian Immigration Identification Card, Permanent Resident Card/Document and Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Each new member shall purchase (10) ten membership shares valued at ($10) ten-dollar each. The membership shares will be deposited to your Membership Share Account*.
The CHILD and YOUTH Account (for age 6-15) can be opened with purchase of (1) one membership share valued at ($10) ten-dollar. The membership shares will be deposited to a Membership Share Account*. The Account is opened under the child’s name, but a parent or guardian also signs the Application since the child is a minor.
STUDENTS (age 16-25) must have full Credit Union membership, and shall purchase (10) ten membership shares valued at ($10) ten-dollar each. The membership shares will be deposited to a Membership Share Account*.
No parent or legal guardian signature is required to open a Student Account.
There Are Three Easy Ways To Apply
Credit Union By-Law No. 1 Expand/Collapse
St. Stanislaus – St. Casimir’s Polish Parishes Credit Union Limited
BY-LAW NO. 1
(November 19, 2011)
(Extract from the By-Law No. 1)
Bond of Association
2.01 Membership in the Credit Union shall be limited to:
- Members of Roman Catholic Parishes which are predominantly Polish in character and are located in the Province of Ontario; and
- persons of Polish descent residing in Ontario;
- For greater certainty, employees of the Credit Union
- Related persons or entities of such members qualifying under paragraph (a) and (b) hereof, and under the Act;
- Her Majesty the Queen in right of Ontario or in right of Canada; corporations, including municipalities as de-fined in the Municipal Affairs Act; unincorporated associations; or partnerships registered under the Business Names Act or a predecessor thereof, subject to any conditions that may be imposed by the Act;
- Persons or entities not otherwise qualifying for membership under the Credit Union’s bond of association, as long as the aggregate number of such members does not exceed 3% of the number of members of the Credit Union, the admission to membership of such persons or entities has been specifically approved by the Board, and the names of such persons or entities admitted to membership on this basis are identified as such in the records of the Credit Union; and
- A person or entity who originally qualified for and became a member under paragraphs (a) or (b) above, and who no longer qualifies under paragraphs (a) or (b) above.
2.03 No person shall become a member of the Credit Union until that person has fully paid for one (1) ten-dollar ($10.00) membership Share of the Credit Union. Every member who is an individual over the age of sixteen (16) years shall acquire, within three months after the later of his or her acceptance into membership or attaining the age of sixteen (16) years, a further nine (9) ten-dollar ($10.00) membership Shares of the Credit Union. Every member who is an entity shall acquire, within three months after its acceptance into membership, a further nine (9) ten-dollar ($10.00) membership Shares of the Credit Union. Every member shall maintain ownership of at least the required minimum number of membership Shares in order to keep his, her or its voting rights.
The maximum number of membership shares the Credit Union may issue to a member is an additional one hundred (100) ten-dollar ($10.00) membership shares to the minimum membership share requirement outlined above.