WESTERN UNION money orders and money transfers
The Western Union services are offered to all members at all Credit Union locations:
- Money Orders. They are accepted in most countries at face value.
- Money Transfers. There are over 486,000 agent locations worldwide in over 200 countries and territories. Pay out is usually in local currency.
- Quick Collect
Western Union Special Notes:
Sending money from Canada via the Western Union:
- When sending money transfers of $1,000 CAD or higher to any destination, the sender must provide identification type, number and place of issuance.
Receiving the Western Union money transfers in Canada:
- For money transfer payouts of $1,000 CAD or higher identification type, number and place of issuance must be provided by payee.
- Receiver must present correct MTCN number
- Receivers must be at least 18 years old.
International wire transfers - SWIFT
At our Credit Union you can wire your money to Poland and to banks in other countries around the world via the SWIFT international payment network. For more information contact any Credit Union Branch or call: 1.855.POLCU.CA
Wire transfers to/from BGŻ Bank in Poland
Our institution cooperates with the BGŻ Bank in Poland on transfers of pensions from ZUS (Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych) in Poland to Canada. We open BGZ accounts in Poland at our Credit Union locations and we also offer transfers of funds from Canada to BGZ Bank. For more information contact any Credit Union Branch or call: 1.855.POLCU.CA
- We offer in-branch cash orders / exchange in US currency.
- We also offer US accounts (personal and business accounts) that earn interest and allow you to make deposits without having to convert funds into Canadian dollars.